Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Brownie Hearts

I am departing today from my normal crafts and blogging about something I really enjoy doing..... 

baking. 

Since it is Valentine's Day weekend, I thought I would have a little fun doing something that says "I Love You" to my family.  My husband was away for a few days for a work conference and I wanted to do something special for him when he got home. 

Thursday night I ended up baking brownies because we had family over to visit but we didn't end up eating them.  So I thought that it would be fun to use my little heart shaped cookie cutter to make brownie hearts.  But why stop there?  Why not make them even more chocolaty?  Dangerous I know.


So over my kids nap time, I cut out heart shaped brownies.


 

Melting Chocolate

I used left over Chocolate Almond Bark and some chocolate chips and 1/2 tablespoon of Crisco to melt my chocolate. 

Want a fool proof way to melt chocolate?  Take a pan of water several inches deep and warm it up.  Add a glass bowl to sit on top with your chocolate and stir away.  I turned down the heat once it was all melted.  This worked great for me as it didn't burn or scorch!

Looking Good!


Now just dip the brownie bits into the chocolate with a fork and tap your fork on the side of the bowl until excess chocolate drops off.  I used the tip of a sharp knife to slide it off my fork on waxed paper.


Now for a pretty presentation....
Arrange hearts on 1 paper doily on a colored plate.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment